Saturday, November 28, 2015

An Easy Advent Decoration

This is a rerun of a post from the first day of Advent last year. Since I just finished my annual recovering the art over the fireplace, I thought I'd share this quick and easy way to decorate. 

~~~~~

Advent is my favorite liturgical season. I love the newness -- a new church year, a fresh start, a time to deepen our relationship with Christ.

And we've started decorating. The Advent wreath is on the dining room table, the nativity set is on the mantle. On Thanksgiving Day (we usually travel, but were at home this year), as we were listening to The Splendid Table's Turkey Confidential (Ramona's favorite thing to listen to on Thanksgiving Day -- beats a parade), I did a quick-change on the artwork above the mantle. I've done this for the last couple of years. It starts out looking like this: 


Then, some burgundy colored fabric. Staples. Pretty easy, even for me. 


Then it looks like this: 


Then I add a beautiful printable from Lesley Austin/Small Meadow, set up the creche, and ... it's Advent! 


1 comment: