Friday, October 28, 2011

Poetry Friday: Ancient Egypt in Verse with Ramona


A recent library find: The Tomb of the Boy King: A True Story in Verse by John Frank. I haven't read it with Ramona yet, but I really enjoyed this poetic version of the discovery of King Tut's tomb. The illustrations are lovely, and the book is full of heiroglyphics for Ramona to try to decipher. The epilogue plays up "the curse" quite a bit, but that will afford us a great chance to discuss such things. It will be fun, too, to see where this little rabbit trail takes us.


Visit Random Noodling today for a great Robert Frost poem and the rest of the Friday round-up.

3 comments:

Diane Mayr said...

I just looked it up in my library's catalog and found that we own it. I'll check it out next week. Thanks!

GatheringBooks said...

Nice! Seems just the thing to include for Nonfiction Monday as well. Thank you for sharing this. I'm crossing my fingers that along with Diane, we also have it in our well-stocked libraries here in SG. :)

Mary Lee said...

Nonfiction told in verse -- great combo!!