1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE ? I was named after my sister, who was born three years before I was. (Anne didn't get that joke. Maybe I shouldn't try to answer memes before 10 a.m. UPDATE: I'm changing this to "I was named three years after my older sister was named" so that no one else things my sister died!)
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last week. Don't pry.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes. If I could write this meme to you, I would.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Huh? Lunch meat? Are you also going to ask what's on my lunchbox?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Ummm ... hello?! They're all over this blog.
6. WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think so. Except when I'm being sarcastic.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Ummm ... hello?!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No. And what an odd question.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Ummm ... hello?! I'm a middle-aged mom. (So, why am I doing high school memes anyway?)
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Wheaties-or-something-like-them on a good day, Cocoa Krispies on a bad one.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes. I must have fat feet.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? It depends. Physically? Emotionally? Spiritually? When it comes to Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ummm ... helloo?! Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Whether or not they like Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. And whether or not they are sarcastic. And what kind of lunchbox they have.
15. RED OR PINK? It depends. Room? Couch? Food? Blog?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? The way I can't answer a straight question.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Okay, I'll be serious for a moment. I miss -- very, very much -- my dear friends who have moved away. That includes my sister as well as people in New York, Florida, Milford/other parts of Nebraska, Chicago .... the recurring theme of my life is this: If you want to move on to a new place, or get a better job, become my friend. You will move away.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Are you planning a photo shoot?
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A piece of chocolate. Yes, it's still morning here. Don't pry.
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The sound of Betsy scraping the last of her breakfast out of a bowl.
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Betsy and Anne say, "Pink, I think." But, I'm thinking, "Really? Pink? Or red? And what's pink or red? Why are these memes so enigmatic?"
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Coffee. Chocolate. A baby's head.
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A homeschooling friend.
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? This question confuses me. This question implies that I like to watch many sports and must choose one. This is not the case.
25. HAIR COLOR? Hellooo?! It's brown. There's a picture in the profile.
26. EYE COLOR? Blue.
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? About half the time.
28. FAVORITE FOOD? See favorite smells, but leave out the baby's head.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings, of course, and nothing involving babies' heads.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Phantom of the Opera.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White. Dull, boring white. Because I'm a dull, boring middle-aged mom who doesn't bungee jump. And no photo shoot, please.
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? It depends. Summer or winter for what? Stop being so enigmatic. Summer is better for hot weather and winter is better for cold weather. But what does that have to do with my favorite season, which is autumn?
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." (Jordan, in The Great Gatsby)
33. HUGS OR KISSES? It depends -- helloo?! -- on who is delivering them.
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Anything chocolate, with a cup of coffee. Or just anything chocolate. Or just coffee. Or just chocolate coffee.
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? A few are in progress: The Mission of Motherhood, by Sally Clarkson, Island of the World, by Michael O'Brien, Left to Tell, by Imaculee Ilibagiza, and a book of poetry by Billy Collins.
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? My mouse. Oh ... you mean the design of the mousepad, don't you? Please be more specific. It's a Pooh-bear mouse pad that my parents gave to the kids. Darn enigmatic questions.
38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Silence. Rain. Bach. The voices of the people I love. The voices of the people I love silenced by rain and Bach playing softly in the background.
39. BEATLES OR ROLLING STONES? I've never been a huge fan of either one, but I love the Beatles singing, "Here Comes the Sun" (which has a nice little memory from my spiritual journey attached to it) and the Stones singing "You Can't Always Get What You Want" which does not have an especially nice memory attached to it, but reminds me that I can't always get what I want but I will get what I need. Who knew that Mick was so spiritual?
40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? I've lived in Massachusetts, Washington state, Alaska, Florida and Nebraska. I like to cover all the bases.
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Ummm ... hellooo?! I can answer memes, can't I? If that's not a special talent, I don't know what is.
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Buzzard's Bay. Really. It sounds awful, doesn't it? So, we'll be more general and say "Cape Cod" which is also true. Cape Cod sounds much more appealing than Buzzard's Bay, so let's begin again. I was born on Cape Cod, and now you know the rest. Except for the spots where I was being enigmatic. Or sarcastic.
Hellooo?! It's time to say good-bye. This meme is all over the place, so consider yourself tagged if you have a few minutes to waste.