Thursday, October 05, 2006

Oh, yeah, and what he said, too ....

Scott reminded me of an email conversation I had with Lissa about five years ago, when we moved from the wonderful, rambling old house that we loved to a small apartment, while we waited to figure out where we wanted to live and whether or not Atticus would like his new job. I hated to leave the house, but at the same time, I knew that in the larger scheme of things, it really wasn't important. I felt fine about leaving. Because I knew that as long as we were all together, we were "home" -- whether it was in the full-of-character 1920's craftsman style house with closets so big they were actually additional rooms, or in a monochromatic 1990's style apartment.

I remember Lissa understanding exactly what I meant. She and Scott had had exactly the same conversation.

2 comments:

Andrea R said...

I know exactly what you mean - as long as Ron and I are together, then we're "home".

Too bad we're only 'home" on weekends. :-/

Karen Edmisten said...

Ouch! Gotta make the most of "home" then. :-)