Tuesday, March 04, 2014

A Fat Tuesday Post: Five Things I Love About God

This post was originally a response to a Lenten meme a few years ago, but it seems a fitting way to say farewell to Ordinary Time for awhile.


Five Reasons I Love Jesus:

1. 
He loved me when I didn't even know He existed; He loved me when I knew He existed but I ridiculed Him; He loved me when I broke down, sobbed, asked Him to forgive me my countless sins and transgressions. He loves me now as I stumble through my life as a Christian. I love Him because He first loved me.

2.
a.) He sacrificed His Body and His Precious Blood in order to save me. And He repeatedly offers me His Body and Blood, and saves me again and again, every time I assist at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

b.) Sacraments. They are like Divine Magic, minus the sleight of hand, plus the ooohs and aaahs. They stagger me. They are weird and brilliant.

3.
He makes all things new.

4. 
He laughed. He wept. He got frustrated. He celebrated. He grieved. He knows all things. He knows why I laugh, why I weep, why I get frustrated, why I celebrate, why I grieve.

5.
Confession! It's the best. Even when it feels like the worst. The worst becomes the best. (I told you He makes all things new.)

6.
Did I mention that He first loved me?

7. 
He forgives me for cheating at/ignoring the rules about memes and about how many things one should list.