Wednesday, August 01, 2012

"I do not know which to prefer ..."

The beauty of blogging, or the absence of it.

Sorry.

I'm in a "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird" sort of mood.

I've been AWOL from the blog again.

This time we were melting in Oklahoma with my sister and brother-in-law. (It's 112 degrees there today. I miss you, dear sister, but I'm happy to be home.)

I'll get back to blogging in a day or two.  In the meantime, here's the next book on the summer reading list:

Tamar Adler's An Everlasting Meal



Thanks to promptings from my friend, Danae, and Lesley at Wisteria and Sunshine, I picked it up. It's exquisite. I tried to describe it succinctly to my sister, but could say only, "She has a graceful relationship with food ... do you know what I mean?"

If you don't, you must read.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you are back! The book looks really interesting!

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Oh I am so loving this book!

Karen Edmisten said...

That's great, Melanie! Doesn't she write beautifully?