Friday, May 07, 2010

Poetry Friday: Dreadlines



Dreadlines
by Karen Edmisten

I have a writing deadline.
This piece is killing me.
I have no time to tarry
or talk of poetry.

I must put pen to paper,
tap endlessly on keys,
shape thoughts into coherence
conjure stone from just a breeze.

So visit Random Noodling
for samples of real rhyme.
Beg that my muse remind me 
that this happens every time.

~~~~~

The Poetry Friday round-up is at Random Noodling, where you'll find bloggers and poets who are calmer than I am today.

4 comments:

jama said...

Too clever! But I shouldn't be the least bit shocked :). Good luck with your dreadline. . .

Kimberlee said...

I love it! And I'm sure you'll do fine with your 'dreadline', as always.

Laura said...

Hi Karen,

Cool poem! Good luck with all of your "dreadlines."

Laura Evans
all things poetry

Mary Lee said...

Yup. Deadlines happen. Every time. Now get back to work and get that piece finished!!!