Monday, January 11, 2010

Writing With the Kids



This year, Anne-with-an-e once again led her "Christmas Fan Fiction Challenge."  The idea is to start with characters from Harry Potter, and write a Christmas story based on one of the challenges Anne offers us.  This year, the themes from which to choose were "The Hope of Christmas" or "A Retelling of A Christmas Carol."

The results of the challenge are over on our writing blog, Writing with the Kids

Anne chose the "Hope of Christmas" theme, Betsy did A Christmas Carol with Snape as Scrooge, and Ramona the Renegade came up with her own theme, which she called "The Gift of the Wizard." I think she remembered that one of last year's themes was "The Gift of the Magi."  (I left Ramona's story just as she wrote it, re. spelling and punctuation, etc.)   I went with "The Hope of Christmas" (and go easy on me, as I threw my assignment together the day before it was due. Don't tell my kids.)

I'm sure the kids would love to get a few comments, so if you have time, head over and let us know what you think.

No comments: