Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ramona Reflects

The other day, Ramona and I talked about what her first confession will be like.

"I picture our souls," she said, "like bright, white balls. Sort of like that light up there," she said, pointing to the globe on the kitchen ceiling. "Only smaller, and without the bugs."

I nodded (and possibly bit my lip to stifle laughter at such a solemn moment, and made a mental note to clean the globe.)

"And, the ball is in here," she continued, putting a hand on her chest, "but I picture sins like an old blanket that covers up the bright light and keeps it from being shiny."

Oh, how I love that girl.

4 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

She COMPLETELY gets it! How wonderful!

sarah said...

That is so delightful! Her light shines bright.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Okay, I'm convinced, you've got a writer on your hands. I can't wait to see how her life unfolds, and the good she will do in the world.

Karen said...

That is beautiful. Just beautiful! It is amazing how children can be so profound. What a precious girl you have (but you knew that).