Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ramona's latest reads

Ramona loves to go on a hunt at the library.

She plops down at the library computer and types in a favorite word: Zoo. Penguins. Puppies. Kittens. (Detecting a theme? Yes, the "Mommy" search phase appears to be on hiatus.)

In her latest library hunt, we discovered a writer we've never read. A Kitten Tale by Eric Rohmann is a real delight. It's a sweetly simple story, but the illustrations are what really captivated me. They, too, are simple, but gorgeous.

I wouldn't have known it, if not for the notes on the jacket, but they are monotype prints. And they are so vivid, so lovely and so enchanting ~~

And now, I'm off to Google a bit more about monotype prints (and file the info away for my next planning frenzy, which will inevitably hit sometime this summer) and to jot down "Eric Rohmann" in my library notebook.

No comments: