Saturday, January 05, 2008

Now we can call it King's Bread

Remember that St. Lucia bread?

Of course you do. Because you copied down that recipe, and you made that delectable treat sometime in December, didn't you?

What? No? You let the yeast bully you? Well, it's time to assert yourself. You can conquer that dough.

You now have another chance. Tomorrow is the Solemnity of the Epiphany. Make that bread, dub it "King's Bread" and eat every last bite of the stuff before Ordinary Time begins. Eileen called it "Easy! Fun! Indestructible! Delicious!" and her kids all gave it the thumbs up.

You owe it to yourself. C'mon. It's food fit for a king. For three kings, actually.

And for you.

Have a blessed Feast!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karen, just what I need, more encouragement to feast....LOL

Happy Kings day
Molly

Beck said...

I'm in!

Anonymous said...

LOL! If I didn't feel so darn sick (whole family's got some yucky bug), I'd make it again!! :)

Liz said...

EXCUSE Me, but how on earth would we eat every last bit before ordinary time begins??? Doesn't ordinary time start on Monday (or am I liturgical calendar challenged???). It takes the 4 of us several days to get through the whole ring of bread. I think we'll opt for the last fruitcake and a lamb rib roast. I have to say that never again will I make 6 (yes 6 count them!) fruitcakes plus plum pudding for the holidays. But I must admit that I've enjoyed every single bite of fruitcake and plum pudding I've had. Then again, maybe I will make 6 fruitcakes again... Fruitcake YUMMMMM.

Jen said...

Okay, I'm one of those who let the yeast bully get me. I'm gonna make that bread!

Karen Edmisten said...

Make that bread, Jen!

Liz, we made ours on Saturday afternoon. :-) And, yes, I was thinking "Eat it all up before Monday!" although even my scarfing crew didn't do that.

When I thought about it, though, I realized that Ordinary Time actually kicks in after Baptism of the Lord, which is sometimes on the Monday after Epiphany, but this year is on Sunday, the 13th. So, actually, this week is still a time to celebrate. :-)