Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Random quotations

"The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. "

~~ Madeleine L'Engle

*****

"I wouldn't change one bit of it ... And besides, I like to cry. After I cry hard it's like it's morning again and I'm starting the day over .... A good night's sleep, or a ten-minute bawl, or a pint of chocolate ice cream, or all three together, is good medicine."

~~ Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine

*****

"You've heard of calling in sick, but have you ever called in well? It'd go something like this: you'd get the boss on the line and say, 'Listen, I've been sick ever since I started working there, but today I'm well and I won't be in anymore.'"

~~ Tom Robbins, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

*****

"If youth did not matter so much to itself, it would never have the heart to go on."

~~ Willa Cather, Song of the Lark

*****

"Did you take this class in Existentialism by choice?"

~~ an actual dean of an actual university actually asked me this question

3 comments:

Frabjous Days said...

What a fabulous collection!

Liz said...

Ah one of my favorite L'Engle quotations!

Anonymous said...

I'm usually quoting Steven Wright not Madeline L'Engle, so this is a welcome change. ^_^

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."-Steven Wright