Thursday, June 14, 2007

Where are the Kratt Brothers?

When Anne-with-an-e was about about four years old, we discovered the Kratt Brothers. We watched Zoboomafoo every day and soon my little preschooler, who still couldn't properly pronounce the "th" blend could (in true, painless unschooly style) explain the symbiotic relationship between a clownfish and an anemone.

I love these guys.

Now, thanks to the magic of DVD, Ramona does, too.

But, Kratt Brothers ... where are you? All I can find that's more current than Zoboomafoo is this series on DVD, called Be the Creature.It was on the National Geographic channel, and was geared to adults, though I think my kids would love it. It looks like a gem.

And, it looks like we're not the only fans, as I found this fan club site via Google.

Kratt Brothers ... where are you now?

10 comments:

nutmeg said...

We LOVE Zoboomafoo! And I'm so sad it doesn't air anymore where we are.

Be the Creature IS a gem. We're on disc two of season one (yay Netflix) and my oldest esp really enjoys it. So far, no inappropriate content except for one reference to those "pre-humans" (whoever they were... poor souls, or did they have a soul?) and that snippet went over my kids'heads anyway.

Highly recommend.

:)

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Nutmeg. I figured that anything the Kratt brothers did would be worth watching! :-)

I, too, really wish they'd still run Zoboomafoo around here. :-(

Anonymous said...

Several years ago my dh took our kids over to the Baltimore Zoo and they got to meet the Kratt Brothers. They had a wonderful time. I'd forgotten about them. Hmmm. My 5 yo is turning 6 next month. These dvds would make an excellent birthday present!

Thanks for reminding me!

Theresa said...

Remember the closet!?! LOL! Oh, how could you remind me? Now I am missing them all over again!
Them and, of course, Steve-O.

KC said...

I was just wondering this myself this past weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love brothers kratt!
I live in Brazil.
I love Zoboomafoo and Be the Creature.

Anonymous said...

I know this comment is really dated... but in 2001, my older child (age 5 at that time) saw the Kratt Brothers at the Baltimore Zoo as well. I have a younger child (now 6) who is envious that his older sister got to met them. I've looked all over the web. As far as I can tell - the Kratts haven't surfaced much in the last few years. If you still know to the contrary, let me know!

Anonymous said...

They are going to be in Dollywood this summer.

TeamWhitehead06 said...

This is waaaay late but I thought you guys might have more little ones by now...

The Kratt Brothers are back! They have a cartoon now called Wild Kratts! It is really great! We watch it on Hulu plus, but I think it is on PBS. We also watched zooboomafoo DVDs that we rent from the library.

The craziest part is that when I was younger I used to watch Kratts Creatures with my little sister, even though I was older, I was still very entertained by them! I love that my kiddos get to experience them as well!

Karen Edmisten said...

You're so sweet to take the time to comment! Thank you! My youngest is nine, but I don't think anyone is ever too old for the Kratt Brothers. :)