Love to find new ones, hear the stories behind them, and speculate on alternative names for this blog.
"So, why," you may be asking yourself, "was she so uninspired and/or so egotistical as to name her blog after herself? Why didn't she come up with a clever blog name?"
I'd like to compliment you on an excellent question. I'm glad you brought it up.
When I started this blog, it wasn't going to be a blog. You see, I was being kind of cheap (I prefer "frugal" but we're baring all here) and was looking for a free internet presence. I knew it would be helpful to have a central gathering place for the links to my writing, which were beginning to add up.
So, I found Blogger, played around with templates and links (and had the occasional delusion that I should pursue computer programming — look at me, I did some html!), and thought, "Huh. Well, here's a free/cheap/frugal website."
My original idea was to set it up, and leave it alone. Nothing more than a central gathering place for my article and essay links. And I'd name it after me for the sake of simplicity. What's easier than, “Oh, hey, I forgot what Karen’s url is? What's her clever name at Blogger? Oh, wait ... there is no clever name. It's just her name. How considerate of her to make it so easy for us!"
Well, that was the idea.
However.
"So, why," you may be asking yourself, "was she so uninspired and/or so egotistical as to name her blog after herself? Why didn't she come up with a clever blog name?"
I'd like to compliment you on an excellent question. I'm glad you brought it up.
When I started this blog, it wasn't going to be a blog. You see, I was being kind of cheap (I prefer "frugal" but we're baring all here) and was looking for a free internet presence. I knew it would be helpful to have a central gathering place for the links to my writing, which were beginning to add up.
So, I found Blogger, played around with templates and links (and had the occasional delusion that I should pursue computer programming — look at me, I did some html!), and thought, "Huh. Well, here's a free/cheap/frugal website."
My original idea was to set it up, and leave it alone. Nothing more than a central gathering place for my article and essay links. And I'd name it after me for the sake of simplicity. What's easier than, “Oh, hey, I forgot what Karen’s url is? What's her clever name at Blogger? Oh, wait ... there is no clever name. It's just her name. How considerate of her to make it so easy for us!"
Well, that was the idea.
However.
Because this is technically a blog and not a website, it occurred to me that I might try using it as a blog. "Maybe I should post something now and then," I thought. "Just, oh, say, whenever I get time."
So I posted a couple of thoughts. Once a week or so. That was September, October. By November I was posting every few days. Then every day. By December, I'd christened my children with their blog names and I was hooked.
Then, I thought, "If I hadn’t been so hapless and cheap, I'd have a clever blog name."
It's a little late now, but I'll let you know if I come up with something.
So I posted a couple of thoughts. Once a week or so. That was September, October. By November I was posting every few days. Then every day. By December, I'd christened my children with their blog names and I was hooked.
Then, I thought, "If I hadn’t been so hapless and cheap, I'd have a clever blog name."
It's a little late now, but I'll let you know if I come up with something.