Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Feast of St. Lucia



I didn't sleep much last night, so this will be short and probably misspelled.

Today we will:

~ Have friends over to make Christmas ornaments and gifts

~ Eat chocolate chip cookies with chocolate drizzle on top (of the cookies, not us)

~ Read Melissa Peterson's Hanna's Christmas

~ Read various other Advent books ... I haven't decided yet which ones (this is called "flexible homeschooling")

~ Prepare the craft stuff (there may be a more technical term that escapes me) for Friday's history club meeting (we're covering Sweden so I can double up on some of our St. Lucia stuff -- this is called "smart homeschooling" or "devious homeschooling")

~ Try to nap (it probably won't come off, but homeschooling moms are entitled to a fantasy life)

Today we will not:

~ Do our usual St. Lucia celebration (the girls dress in white-whatever-they-can-find, wear their homemade Lucia crowns and deliver something sweet and delicious to Daddy and me in bed.) We're transferring St. Lucia to the weekend, so Daddy can actually be in bed in the morning to enjoy this, since I didn't want to wake the girls before he left at 6:45 a.m. (this is also part of "flexible homeschooling," which closely resembles "flexible wake-up times" and "flexible living")

~Nap (oh, there's that dratted reality creeping in ....)

1 comment:

Friar Suppliers said...

Great idea about moving the St. Lucy celebration. I told the children that they couldn't do it this morning because my husband leaves by 6:00 a.m. Selfishly I did not want five kids up at 5:00 a.m. for the day. Now I think I'll encourage them to do it on Saturday. Thanks for the idea!