Friday, May 08, 2015

Poetry Friday: Spring (Again) by Michael Ryan

Photo: FreeImages.com

I want to post this whole, perfect little poem. As it is, I'm pushing the envelope of fair use by sharing two of the mere five lines of "Spring (Again)." It made me laugh because I go through the same thing every year -- startled by the insistence of the birds. Read it and be happy today.

Spring (Again)
by Michael Ryan

The birds were louder this morning,
raucous, oblivious, tweeting their teensy bird-brains out.
.....
(Read all five lines here, at Poets.org.)

The Poetry Friday round up is at Today's Little Ditty.

5 comments:

jama said...

What a sweet pocket of spring joy. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

"tweeting their teensy bird-brains out" Funny, that's how I feel on social media today. ;)

Thank you for sharing that delightful 5-liner to celebrate spring's arrival, Karen.

Karen Edmisten said...

Happy spring, Jama and Michelle!

Mary Lee said...

That last line takes this from silly (teensy bird-brans) to sublime.

Karen Edmisten said...

I agree, Mary Lee!