Saturday, May 26, 2012

Food, Glorious Food

Lots of thoughts about food today.

Our Little Kid Book Club (this is not the official name, just the name I use in my head to distinguish between the older girls in my house/their book club, and the younger girl in my house and her book club) is getting together for pizza, a discussion of The Borrowers, and a screening of The Secret World of Arrietty.

In the past, we've done food with a theme for the Little Kid Book Club, as we did for Trumpet of the Swan, and Charlotte's Web. (Did I not blog about the Charlotte party? Darn it. We did some fun food for that one, too -- carnival food, served in little troughs ... fun stuff.)

This time, because it is the end of the school year,
because we are all tired,
because we are themed-out,
because sometimes creativity and planning and theming are overrated,
we will have Little Caesar's pizza.

Because, you know, the Borrowers are little. And there's the word little in Little Caesar's name, and, hey, that works when you are a homeschooling mom and it's the end of the school year.

And maybe we'll drink little glasses of water and have a little conversation and stay at my friend's house for a little while. And the kids are all little.

Yeah. That works for me.

*****

Betsy's birthday is coming up and she has requested Winning Hearts and Mind Chocolate Cake for her celebration. It has become the go-to cake at our house. 

If you make it, be warned: you will go-to that cake every chance you get. 

*****

Summer has arrived, and that means that Atticus is taking over the meal planning and cooking! 

Do I even need to expand on that thought? There are not enough exclamation points in the universe to express my feelings at this moment. Do you know how much I love that man? And his cooking?

I'm in the midst of writing another book and I really need to finish it this summer. Atticus-In-The- Kitchen will help me do that.

Atticus, Glorious Atticus.

*****

2 comments:

DineWise Coupons said...

Pizza aside from it being really delicious can certainly relieve stress.

Jennifer said...

Yay for Atticus! I hope you enjoy your summer off!