Wednesday, September 30, 2009
* Some recipes from Just Tell Me What to Cook, such as Orange Rosemary Chicken, which was a hit with the whole family. Ramona didn't even ask for a peanut butter sandwich. I liked the Chicken with Lime-Ginger Sauce, but the kids found it a little heavy on the lime, so I'll cut back next time.
* Crock Pot Lasagna: A friend mentioned this recently, so I Googled for a recipe. Yes, you really throw uncooked pasta in the crock pot. I didn't have lasagna noodles, so I used spiral pasta, and I left out the ricotta. The recipe says one hour on high, and five hours on low, but I think I could have cut that back to about three hours on low (however, we were out for the afternoon, so I wasn't home to check on it.) It was overdone, but the kids still loved it.
* Melissa's Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan: so simple, so good
* Couscous: everyone loves it. Except Ramona.
* Meal planning: As much as I hate to admit it (and do it), life is immeasurably easier when I plan meals. My tortured relationship with meal planning has been chronicled:
Meal Planning, Schmeal Planning
An Update to Meal Planning, Schmeal Planning
Another Reason to Love My Husband
And I expect the tortured relationship to continue. And so goes life in the fallen nature and fallen kitchen of Karen.