Monday, August 17, 2009

Prayers

Sometimes you just don't know what to say.

I'm usually quiet about personal prayer requests and private griefs and difficulties, but I wanted to mention this. Mary Ellen Barrett and her family could use our prayers as they grieve a loss I've not known and can't begin to describe.

I've known Mary Ellen via the internet for a number of years now, and last summer we had the fun of meeting in person. Mary Ellen loves the Rosary and I used her description of a family's "athletic Rosary" in my book. She's a fellow Catholic mom, homeschooler and writer.

And now I just don't know what to say after the heartbreaking loss of their son. Just an expression of deepest sympathy, and a promise of continued prayers.

Here are some links from those who can say it better than I:

from Alice Gunther

from Mary Ellen's friend Chris, regarding donations that can be made in Ryan's name and memory

A Facebook page in Ryan's memory

2 comments:

molly said...

Very well said Karen, it is difficult to express, yet I know Mary Ellen appreciates the prayers.
God Bless you.

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Yes, so very sad and prayers will continue. We are speechless and our hearts still cry.

Our consolation though is that Ryan is a saint in Heaven!