Thursday, February 12, 2009

Catholic Offspring Pondering Lent

Anne-with-an-e: Hey, Betsy, what're you giving up for Lent?

Betsy: I dunno. I haven't decided.

Anne: You could give up hiding in dark corners and jumping out at me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Betsy: Hey, Ramona, what are you giving up for Lent?

Ramona: I don't know yet.

Betsy: Why don't you give up sassing Anne and me?

Ramona: Betsy! No! I'm going to give up something meaningful!

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay ... Lent is two weeks away, people.

We're gonna have to get serious around here.

Tonight at the dinner table, I said, "Hmmm ... if I'm going to write a series for Lent, I'd better get started on it soon."

Anne replied, "Will it be a No-Panic Lent? Hmmm? Or will it be a Panic-Filled Lent?"

But, I couldn't give her an immediate answer.

It probably depends on what I give up.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

LOL! Your girls are all so clever!I'm sure they will think of something, as will their clever mama.