Monday, January 05, 2009

Twelfth Night!

It's still Christmas!

Though we American parishes celebrated the Feast of the Epiphany on Sunday, today is the Twelfth Day of the Christmas season, so feel free to celebrate the Epiphany again tomorrow. We plan to.

We made King's Bread (aka St. Lucia bread) today and although we're easing back into our "real life" routines this week (poor Atticus had to head back to work), we'll certainly take tomorrow off.

As Connie's Daughter reminded us in the comments on this post, even though tomorrow brings the Twelve Days to a close, we're still liturgically in the Christmas season until the Baptism of the Lord, on Sunday, Jan. 11th. The Catholic Culture link from the post I just mentioned has activities and recipes through that day (eighteen full days of fun) in addition to the twelve.

We just did gingerbread houses:



and I imagine we can find a few more things to read, eat and celebrate this week.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Beck said...

THe gingerbread houses would be too dusty at my house for me to eat - which is funny, that I am so half-hazard that they'd get that dusty in the first place and then too fastidious to eat them.
We're making a crown cake tonight and having A Feast. I'm not sure what The Feast will involve but SOMETHING good, I'm guessing.