Elaine at "A Wink and a Smile" tagged me for this one, and although I wonder if you're all tired of hearing factoids about Atticus and me, I'll tackle it anyway.
1. Atticus comes from a family of twelve children. His mother adored babies. Clearly. He has a huge family, relatives we don't even know about.
I, on the other hand, grew up in a family of three children, and each of my parents was an only child. Therefore, I grew up without aunts, uncles or cousins. I can count my entire family on two hands.
2. Atticus didn't used to eat much candy, but then I introduced him to the joys of chocolate with coffee. He still doesn't eat a lot, but he can appreciate a good combo when he tastes it.
He introduced me to the best homemade spaghetti sauce ever, his mother's recipe. He still makes it, and I still love it.
3. He's the gardener. It's thanks to Atticus that we have flowers on the front porch and tomatoes in the back yard. It is only thanks to Atticus that I even know what a Mexican sunflower looks like, that four o'clocks attract hummingbirds (and hummingbird moths,) and that Amaranthus is a plant, not a drink.
I've been known not to garden.
4. Atticus loves to run. Miles at a time.
I, on the other hand, decidedly do not love to run. I've tried it, but the distracting popping sounds from my knee whisper, "Go home ... sit down ... read a good book ... chocolate ... coffee ... " Once settled in with said good book, the voices begin to say things like, "You could really stand to lose a few pounds."
I blame him for the voices.
5. Atticus was a Marine. I grew up as an Air Force brat. However, neither of us is currently in the military.
6. Atticus's favorite poet is Wallace Stevens. Mine is Emily Dickinson. We both liked e.e. cummings, when we met, but Atticus never went through the affected-schoolgirl-phase of writing everything without capital letters in homage to e.e.
7. Atticus knows everything. Seriously. Ask him a question. Name an obscure figure from history. He's on it. He already knows and can tell you more than Wikipedia will ever dream of knowing, without stammering, "Umm ... yeah ... I've heard of that guy ...." Just try to get through a round of Trivial Pursuit with him without stomping away in disgust at the uneven playing field. His students think he's a genius. He is.
8. Atticus and I are astonishingly different. We made an unlikely couple. People thought it would never last, for reasons that would take seventeen memes to detail.
It lasted. And we're so happy it did.
If you're married, you're tagged.