Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Bits and Pieces of Our Days

Whoosh! Where does the time go?

I've been AWOL for a number of reasons, most of which have to do with simply being busy, busy, busy. Some of the busyness was dull and dreadful. (Taxes are done! And I cooked dinner on the same day I finished the taxes! I feel like a superhero!) Some of the busyness was welcome brain exercise, such as an online class of sorts, which kept me busy for a couple of weeks. One other new thing I'm doing is handling the monthly "Celebrate" column for Catholic Digest. It involves the delight of some quote-gathering, and I'm all about that.

~~~~~


Ramona and I are reading L.M. Montgomery's Emily of New Moon and we are loving it. I'm annoyed with myself that I've lived this long without having read this book. At least Ramona won't have to say the same. 

Can I love a heroine as much as I love Anne-with-an-e? An emphatic yes. Ramona agrees. 

~~~~~

Instagram snaps: 


Ramona is still helpless for Hamilton. (So am I.) 



When a future Kindergarten teacher lives at your house, you find things like Origami Yoda on your dining room table. 


When your other daughter works at the library, and said library is weeding its collection and selling off old books to get ready for the library renovation, you find things like bunches of new, old books in your living room. 

I'm not complaining. 

2 comments:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Random new books in the living room is definitely not something I'd complain about.

(I think I might like Emily a little more than Anne even.)

elli said...

I love both Emily and Anne, but Emily definitely resonates on a deeper, more visceral level ... For me Emily is more relatable and real whereas darling Anne is such an idealized portrait ... Rilla and Emily both *just* edge ahead of dear Anne, for me.