Top Ten Things For Me To Consider Doing (Or Rather, Not Doing) This Lent
(Based on things I have done in the past):
10. Give up meat.
9. Give up coffee.
|Anyone can give up bad coffee....|
clipart from Vintage Digital Stamps
8. Give up radio/music in the car.
7. Give up wearing jewelry/accessories.
6. Give up wine (I'd say "alcohol" but let's face it ... wine).
|There's nothing quite like you. |
photo from FreeImages.com
5. Give up online time-wasters and/or TV.
4. Give up complaining.
|You know what I'm talking about.|
cliplart from Vintage Digital Stamps
3. Give up sugar.
2. Give up all purchases that are not necessities.
1. Give up some time and devote it to reading/re-reading spiritual favorites and classics.
|This doesn't sound like a sacrifice at all.|
I'm still thinking and praying on what I really need to do this Lent, which begins in two weeks.
"It feels like it's always Lent!" said Atticus yesterday. "Lent is always just around the corner!"
Last year I wrote Lent a letter as I pondered what to give up, take on, do, refine, ponder, pray. It's like we're old friends having a vist: "Happy to see you come, happy to see you go."
If you're looking for more ideas and discussion, here's a link to A Meaningful Lent: The Monstrously Long Post.