Sunday, August 04, 2013

My New Book, Deathbed Conversions: Finding Faith at the Finish Line, Is Available For Pre-order


Last summer (eek, was it really last summer?!) I mentioned I was writing another book. Then, in November, I bemoaned mentioned working on revisions. And now I'm delighted to let you know that Deathbed Conversions: Finding Faith at the Finish Line is available for pre-order on Amazon. Huzzah!

I love what Our Sunday Visitor did with the cover. You're looking at (clockwise from top left) Patricia Neal, John Wayne, Oscar Wilde, and Gary Cooper. There are nine other stories in the book as well, among them poet Wallace Stevens, art historian Kenneth Clark (of Civilisation fame), and infamous gangster, Dutch Schultz. (This was a fascinating book to research and write.)

Deathbed Conversions will be published by OSV on September 25.

11 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Oooooh. This looks like something my husband would enjoy! Thanks!

Daria Sockey said...

What a great topic! Can' wait to read it.

Daria Sockey said...

What a great topic! Can' wait to read it.

Faith said...

Ooh! Ooh! I've been waiting for this ever since you mentioned it. I love a good conversion story! This looks great!

Colleen said...

Sounds fascinating! I'm looking forward to reading it!

tanita✿davis said...

KAREN!!! Congratulations!! I'd totally read that!! The cover is JUST fab.

Danae said...

YEA!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Congrats, Karen! It sounds so interesting. I think this will make a GREAT gift for my impossible-to-buy-for father. And then I can borrow it from him and read it myself. :)

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks so much, everyone!

Kelly Thatcher said...

Just ordered it, on the advice of my confessor, Karen…thanks so much!

Karen Edmisten said...

Thank you!