Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ramona's Summer Reading List, Part Two

Last month, I started a list of reading ideas for Ramona. Thanks to my lovely readers and their comments, here are a few more ideas:

The Saturdays, Elizabeth Enright
The Four-Story Mistake (Enright)
All-of-a-Kind Family, Sydney Taylor
Bantry Bay Series, Hilda Van Stockum
Linnets and Valerians, Elizabeth Goudge
Starry River of the Sky, Grace Lin

And a few more I've added to our list based on my own browsing or suggestions from friends:

Baby Island, Carol Ryrie Brink
Owls in the Family, Farley Mowat
Glory Be, Augusta Scattergood
The Wheel on the School, Meindert DeJong
Dancing Shoes, Noel Streatfeild

You can also check out the comments on Part One for more suggestions -- I didn't post them here if they were books we've already read or if I'm going to wait a year or two to read them with Ramona.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I LOVED Owls In The Family. I don't think I've ever laughed so much while reading a book out loud before or since!

kort said...

we just read Thimble Summer by Elizabeth Enright. so good! highly recommended!

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks, Kort -- adding that!