Friday, May 10, 2013

Poetry Friday: Luci Shaw

Wrong Turn
by Luci Shaw

I took a wrong turn the other day.
A mistake, but it led me to the shop where I found
the very thing I'd been searching for.

(Read the rest of this succinct and perfect little poem here, at The Writer's Almanac.)


The Poetry Friday Round up is at Anastasia Suen's Poetry blog


Anastasia Suen said...

LOL! Isn't that the way!

jama said...

So true. Glad I chanced by here today for that poetic gem :).

Ruth said...

Yes, perfect!

Doraine Bennett said...

I have recently discovered Lucy Shaw and enjoyed many of her poems. Interesting, I find it challenging to read prose written by poets. Last week, I returned a prose book by Shaw to the library, only partly read. I just didn't have the time or energy to plow through it, even though some of the writing is beautiful.

Mary Lee said...

Thank goodness for wrong turns!