Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Cool stuff

Barbara Nicolosi, at Church of the Masses, talks about the possibility of A Severe Mercy making it to the big screen.

If you haven't read Sheldon Vanauken's A Severe Mercy, do yourself a favor and get your hands on a copy. You can read a little more about Vanauken here, here, and here.


Scott, at Left of the Dial, has a link to a quiz, "Which author's fiction are you?"

I came up Jane Austen ("Jane Austen wrote you. You are extremely aware of the power of a single word") but I can't get the code to work and at the moment have the sense and sensibility to say that I shall waste no more time trying to make it work. Pass the tea and the quill, please.
My cool sister-in-law, via her cool teen-age daughter (who saw this cool guy in person) sent me this YouTube clip of the Jesus Painter.

Coolness all around, and Jesus, too (Who is, of course, Beyond Cool.)


Ana Braga-Henebry said...

I loved a Severe Mercy-- it would certainly do a good film. A friend and I just discussed it recently... Thanks for the post!

Heidi Saxton said...

"Under the Mercy" is a story of Vanauken's journey into the Catholic Church -- it was a singular influence in my life as I made my final trek to the Easter Vigil. It doesn't flow as easily as "Severe Mercy," since it is a series of essays, but it is well worth the read.

Karen E. said...

Thanks, Heidi -- I keep meaning to read "Under the Mercy", knowing that Vanauken became a Catholic -- one day! I loved A Severe Mercy in so many ways.