Sunday, June 03, 2007

Eight Things Meme

I was tagged for this meme by Susan at Chicken Spaghetti. (Gosh ... just when I'd sworn off memes, too. I always seem to end up saying or revealing something silly or embarrassing....)


"For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog."

Alrighty. I can handle that. Here are my eight:

1. I drink too much coffee. Turning on the coffee pot is the first thing I do in the morning, and sometimes I actually dream about doing it. Yup. I really look forward to my coffee.

2. I usually drink my coffee black, though I also love it with cream, or with milk. I can drink regular or flavored coffee, but I never, never, never add sugar. Ever. Unless I'm having one of those lavishly sugared-up cappuccinos and then I relish the sweetness, but that's not really coffee.

3. I eat too much chocolate.

4. I love milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate with nuts, chocolate truffles, chocolate with toffee, caramel and chocolate, chocolate with peanut butter ... almost any kind of chocolate except chocolate-covered cherries. Can. not. handle. them.

5. I always volunteer for Vacation Bible School. I always -- by the second day -- wonder why in the world I volunteered for Vacation Bible School. I always, by the last day, am so happy that I volunteered for Vacation Bible School.

6. I was blessed to know (and to have great relationships with) all four of my wonderful grandparents well into my adulthood. The last of them passed away when I was 40.

7. When I was six years old, I had a crush on Jonny Quest.

8. Atticus is in charge of meals on the weekends. I love that. I love him for that. He cooked for me on our first date, and I fell completely, instantly in love. A reader, a writer, a scholar, a poet's soul, and a cook? I was a goner.

I am tagging these blogs:

Daily Donna-Marie
Between Daydreams
S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen
Maureen Wittmann
Ana Braga-Henebry's Journal
Waltzing Matilda
Small Treasures
Minnesota Mom

(Fortune cookie picture courtesy of Image Chef.)


Susan t. said...

Karen, thanks for playing along. You're lucky to have had your grandparents in your life for so long! I hope my son has that same good fortune.

Kristen Laurence said...

Hey, I just completed the *revised* version of this meme! I'll give it a try, and I'm with you on the chocolate covered cherries! :)

nina said...

Coffee and chocolate are great pleasures. I love it too and don't see much reason to get out of bed without it. ;) I wish my dh would cook. Sometimes he is in the kitchen and he has to ask me where the most basic things are located. lol.

Amy said...

Ugh, I can't do the chocolate covered cherries thing either. Dh LOVES them. He can have 'em. :) Thanks for tagging me! I hope I can come up with 8. :)

Suzanne Temple said...

Well, you've done it again, "revealed something about yourself," that is. I am SHOCKED, shocked I tell you, to learn you drink your coffee without sugar!

I'm crazy for chocolate, too.

Karen E. said...

I know, Suzanne, I know ... I should never have gotten so embarrassingly personal here. :-)

Actually, I did keep this quite Un-personal (impersonal? non-personal? Personal ... not) because, well, I'm still feeling bad about having scandalized my own daughter with some of my answers to the iPod meme. :-/ Go figure.

Amy, I saw that you did a revised version of this very meme. Sorry to put you through the Plain Jane version! :-)

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Ditto on the chocolate-covered cherries (yuck) and the no-sugar-in-my-coffee clause.

And thanks for the tag! Wow, I'm in great company!!

Maureen said...

Coffee and chocolate....we are kindred spirits!
My Random 8 Meme

Trinity Prep School