I was tagged for this meme by Susan at Chicken Spaghetti. (Gosh ... just when I'd sworn off memes, too. I always seem to end up saying or revealing something silly or embarrassing....)
"For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog."
Alrighty. I can handle that. Here are my eight:
1. I drink too much coffee. Turning on the coffee pot is the first thing I do in the morning, and sometimes I actually dream about doing it. Yup. I really look forward to my coffee.
2. I usually drink my coffee black, though I also love it with cream, or with milk. I can drink regular or flavored coffee, but I never, never, never add sugar. Ever. Unless I'm having one of those lavishly sugared-up cappuccinos and then I relish the sweetness, but that's not really coffee.
3. I eat too much chocolate.
4. I love milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate with nuts, chocolate truffles, chocolate with toffee, caramel and chocolate, chocolate with peanut butter ... almost any kind of chocolate except chocolate-covered cherries. Can. not. handle. them.
5. I always volunteer for Vacation Bible School. I always -- by the second day -- wonder why in the world I volunteered for Vacation Bible School. I always, by the last day, am so happy that I volunteered for Vacation Bible School.
6. I was blessed to know (and to have great relationships with) all four of my wonderful grandparents well into my adulthood. The last of them passed away when I was 40.
7. When I was six years old, I had a crush on Jonny Quest.
8. Atticus is in charge of meals on the weekends. I love that. I love him for that. He cooked for me on our first date, and I fell completely, instantly in love. A reader, a writer, a scholar, a poet's soul, and a cook? I was a goner.
I am tagging these blogs:
S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen
Ana Braga-Henebry's Journal
(Fortune cookie picture courtesy of Image Chef.)