They aren't here in person (or would that be "in animal"?) but rather in the form of our delving into the classification of living things.
As a frugal homeschooler, I love to find things on the internet that work for us. Here are a few resources we've used so far as we explore a cyber menagerie:
- A basic introductory page, helpful for Betsy. This site also has facts and interactive quizzes on protozoa, sponges, jellyfish, worms, insects, mollusks, echinoderms, chordates, amphibians, reptiles, and birds. See a quiz example here.
- Online Learning Haven has a nice page, but doesn't get as detailed as we'd like. Still, this is a nice little chart as an introduction to the difference between vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Science NetLinks also has some good ideas for Betsy's age group (grades 3-5.)
- I found some charts I like on this ESL site.
- Even Ramona can enjoy this one.