Thursday, February 23, 2006

Go away

No, not really. I'm not being rude, I'm just directing you to people who are more creative, enlightening and on top of things than I am today.

Go visit Ron and Andrea. Ron has a fun entry with a link to a personality/temperament test. I'm an INFJ ... I used to want to be an INFP, thinking that I'd rather "perceive" than "judge" but ... well, clearly I'm judging my results so the J is more accurate. According to one description I read, I'm in the same category as Mother Teresa and Fred MacMurray.

And, here's a post about homeschooling with a lovely list of twelve things he has learned over the years. Then, you can pop over to see Andrea's list here.

Visit The Bookworm's amazing Literary Tour.

I LOLd, ROTFLing and NIATTL (Nodded In Agreement Through The Laughter) at this comic at Dog Day Afternoons. (Lots of serious treasures there, too, but you can find those yourself.)

Leonie at Living Without School beautifully sums up why "exhortation" is sometimes the best choice. We, after all, sometimes know our kids better than they know themselves.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I must go and deal with the ramifications of having fed my children sugary cereal for breakfast. (I dream of one day being the kind of mom who can say, "My children beg for the sugary stuff, but they know it's a pipe dream.")

6 comments:

Liz said...

ENFP here, although it could easily flop over to INFP depending on one question. Abby, like you is INFJ. The whole E I thing seems to be situational. There have been times in my life that people saw me as more introverted and times as more extroverted which is probably why I come out as slightly extroverted rather than as the total extrovert some people are. Within our family dynamic I am definitely the most extroverted.

Alice Gunther said...

Karen, there is no one more creative, enlightening, and on top of things than you!

Karen Edmisten said...

Liz, For me, the "introvert" part is confirmed by my need for alone-time to recharge, but I know what you mean about sometimes seeming extroverted.

Amy, my kids are *never* over that cereal ... there's too constant an influx into the bloodstream (I'm judging that objectively rather than perceiving it.)

Ron, the url for the description I looked at is
http://www.typelogic.com/infj.html
I find this stuff fascinating, too!

And Alice, no one could beat you in the creative, enlightening, and on top of things category! You win hands down!

Liz said...

Read my blog today and you'll see evidence of the impulsiveness that makes me an ENFP

Andrea R said...

Aw, thansk for the link! (I see Ron was here..) I'm an ENFP and proud of it. :)

The Bookworm said...

An ENTJ here - only just E, very N, quite T and a bit J.