Saturday, January 28, 2006

Grateful Betsy

Last night, during bedtime prayers, Betsy recounted all the things she was thankful to God for about the day:

"Thank you, God, for our library trip today, and for all the books I get to have, and for reading in the car and for warm weather, and for going to the lake, and for sitting on the pier lost in my own world for awhile ...."

Then she stopped, looked at me with her "Isn't this amazing?" look, and continued:

"There were so many good things about today."

Indeed. And you, my sweet, precious child ... you are one of them. My sweet, grateful Betsy makes me an even more grateful mom.

2 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

And how blessed Betsy is to have such a beautiful mother!

DavidofOz said...

Thanks for sharing this. Having the faith of a child and being there to listen to their thoughts is such a great blessing.