Friday, November 10, 2006

What I did with my little clan today


We made some Catechism Catchers (these can be ordered through Emmanuel Books) and the kids quizzed each other on deadly sins and commandments.






And, since we've been reading about invertebrates, we made some Jell-O fish.








We practiced our perspective and tried to draw Bethlehem.













It was all good. Good, good, good. Until dinner time. Ramona does not like spinach and mushroom quiche (or, "kwitchy" as she calls it. Where did she get that, Atticus?)

"No one can make me eat kwitchy!" she yelled.

She's right. No one can. No one will. That's not how we do food around here. Ah, well.

But all's right with the world again. Betsy and Ramona are now happily roller skating in the basement (it's finished living space ... don't ask....) and I'm looking back over what was basically a very, very good day. No rushing, no plans. But fun stuff. Good stuff.

How often can you say your kids had fun going over the Seven Deadly Sins?

And, hey, Atticus loved the kwitchy.

8 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds like a wonderful day full of relaxed learning. So...how exactly did you make the jellofish? I need to add it to my bioproject site!

Karen Edmisten said...

Jigglers, of course, that we cut into jellyfish shapes. :-)

Leonie said...

I love the idea of the catechism catchers! Great day...

Anonymous said...

What wonderful activities!

yesterthoughts said...

Karen,
Thank you for sharing your day! I bet your "kwitchy" was yummy, too.

Alice Gunther said...

Love the jelly fish, and those drawings are amazing! Roller skating in the basement sounds like a dream! If I could remove some of the clutter down there, we might have a new favorite sport.

You had a wonderful day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen ,,, I found your blog through Catholic Exchange's new Blog area. A while ago I was outside with our dog and observed (with some sadness) the many moms and dads dropping off their little ones at our neighbor's house to be "day-cared," so it comforts me greatly to read a post like this one of yours from a mom raising her own kids (and lovin' it!). Your jello fish made me chuckle. Cute!

Karen Edmisten said...

Thank you -- to all of you!

Jeanette -- welcome, and thanks for stopping by.