Friday, October 09, 2026

Poetry Friday: Life starts all over


It's been a busy two weeks, but I didn't want to miss Poetry Friday again, as I did last week. I confess I'm throwing this post together in order to wave my hand in the air and say, "I'm here, I'm here! And I'll come visit you too!" 

I've been known to share a particular quote from The Great Gatsby at about this time every year. It's a must, because it perfectly describes my own rebirth when I move from Summer-Wilt to Autumn-Crisp. 

So in order to call this a poem, I arranged the quote as such. If you aren't familiar with it, may I introduce you to this perfect little observation: 


Thank You, F. Scott, for Capturing Autumn 

"What'll we do
with ourselves 
this afternoon?" cried Daisy, 
"and the day after that, 
and the next thirty years?"

"Don't 
be 
morbid," 
Jordan said. 
"Life starts all over again 
when it gets 
crisp
in 
the 
fall." 


Photo courtesy of HeungSoon at Pixabay. 

2 comments:

jama said...

So glad you joined us this week. Cool idea to turn Fitzgerald's quote into a poem. :) Now I want to reread The Great Gatsby. :)

elli said...

Lovely to see you, Karen. … Autumn is *always* my reset time! It is THE perfect season! 😀… that said, I am moving slow too amidst the extra busy. Still reading lots, and posting pretty much weekly. …