Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One of those memes

One of those random "Half Dozen"memes:


Six things I can reach from where I'm sitting

A coffee cup
A pile of books
A dvd that I need to review
My kitchen Madonna


My planner
A stack of library receipts

Six songs on my current iTunes play list

We're Going to Be Friends (Jack Johnson)
Whole Wide World (Wreckless Eric)
Alive Again (Matt Maher)
My Jesus (Todd Agnew)
The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore (Walker Brothers)
If You Say Go (Bob Pegritz)


Six TV series I have been watching

There are only two that I can think of:

Reruns of The Office
Brideshead Revisited 


Six things I have eaten in the last 24 hours

Takeout chicken
Special K
lemon yogurt
a banana
carrots and hummus
a Milano cookie



Six things I have bought this week

A Confirmation gift for the sweet girl I'm sponsoring
Chicken soup
Crackers
Paper cups
Cough medicine
A Suzuki violin book and cd


Six things that have made me laugh recently

Anne
Betsy
Ramona
Atticus
Reruns of The Office
My friend's observation that if I were to throw up on the Archbishop (Confirmation is approaching + we've been sick here = I don't want to do the math if Atticus has stomach flu) I could write a different kind of book. 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

One Milano cookie? Not plural? I don't understand.
Hope you all feel better soon!

Daria Sockey said...

I'll play. I can reach my breviary, several books including The Quotable C.S. Lewis, a dvd I have to review!, scribbled notes for and article,a laser pointer we tease the cat with, and a tiny stuffed animal dragon--white with pink wings--that my daughter made.

Have watched at least 6 episodes of the Get Smart TV series.

Bought nothing but groceries--have given up buying stuff for lent.

playlist (embarrassing)Good Bye Yellow Brick Road, Still the One, Just the Way You Are,I've Got You Under my Skin, Dancing Cheek to Cheek, As Time Goes By

Skysaw said...

I recently told some friends that "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Any More" by the Walker Brothers was one of my two favorite folk-and-or-pop records of all time. The other is Eva Cassidy's version of "Over the Rainbow..."

Karen Edmisten said...

Jenn, there were only three left yesterday. Ramona and I each had one. I had to save the last one for her. :( A single Milano is not my usual m.o.

Daria, anything that reminds me of Humphrey Bogart is *not* embarrassing.

Skysaw, the song is Great with a capital Great. :)

Liz said...

6 things
Four books (The Well Ordered Home, Creed or Chaos, Oil Pulling Therapy, Planet Narnia) a stack of pens, and my glasses (which I probably should be wearing.

don't have an I-Pod or a Play list
6 TV Series
Fringe
Bones
Castle
The Office
Criminal Minds
Law and Order SVU

6 Things I've Eaten
Seafood Paella
Salad
Breaded fish fillet
Bread with left over puttanessca sauce
chocolate
mixed nuts

6 things I've bought
The Well Ordered Home
Dorothy Sayers The Passionate Intellect
Lavender scented epsom salts
chocolate bars
groceries

Things that have made me laugh
My granddaughter
The Office
The bottle lamb who was hopping around the pen
Getting two double triple word score bingoes in Lexulous games with a friend.
sorry there hasn't been much funny around here lately...