Monday, March 29, 2010

A Daybook Entry

I've never done The Simple Woman's Daybook, but I always read such lovely little snippets at The Bookworm.  And since today my mind is packed full of so many things that it risks paralysis, I thought I needed a template in order to move forward.

~~~~~

Outside my window... I hear birds singing. And the starlings are building their nest on the back porch. 

I am thinking... about how grateful I am for Holy week, for a liturgical calendar and its rhythms, and for my conversion.

I am thankful for... my husband and children. Family. Friends. For blogging, which has brought beautiful connections with other converts as well as connections of all kinds that have enriched my life.

From the learning rooms... it will be a relaxed week. Violin, vet-shadowing for Anne, reading, lots of spring cleaning (i.e., home-ec class.)

From the kitchen... this is never very interesting when I'm in charge, but yesterday Atticus made a delicious, spicy chili. Saturday he baked bread.  I've been making wheat bread more often, a quick recipe that we all love.

I am wearing... black pants, a t-shirt. My uniform.

I am creating... some writing projects are in the works. More on that story as it develops.

I am going... to the orthodontist with Anne this week, shopping with girls for spring dresses, to the laundry room numerous times.

I am reading... Mary, Mother of the Son, by Mark Shea.

I am hoping... that prayers for various family members will be felt.

I am hearing... the click of a keyboard. Birds. Traffic. Tea being slurped (it's not the same as coffee, but God has been good to me this Lent. It was a needed substitution.)

Around the house... there are messes. Thus the spring cleaning.

One of my favorite things... is Holy week. The way God works so quietly in lives. The way He sometimes shouts.

A few plans for the rest of the week: preparation for Easter. We all got to confession again over the weekend. Yesterday we made our caterpillars. Cleaning, reading, baking. Prayer.  Mass. Readying ourselves to celebrate His Resurrection.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:

No comments: