Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Aw, shucks

I'm embarrassed to do this post, because it seems to be too much about me (though, I guess if I took a close look at my blog, I'd see me, me, me, and ... oh, yeah, look ... over there ... it's me again.)

You know how I feel about memes. I get paralyzed.

But, I do want to thank the following extremely kind and generous women for naming me as a part of their "Mathetes"** list:

Christine at The Simple and the Ordinary
Donna at Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle
Leticia at Causa Nostrae Laetitiae
Meredith at Sweetness and Light

This is quite humbling. Thank you.

And, ultimately, of course, I hope the point is that it's not about me. It's about Him. He does all the work, and yet I get the memes. Somehow it doesn't seem fair, does it?

So, I'm tagging God.

Just kidding.

As to my own list, it would be too long, and would take me all day. There are so many disciples out there ... those who disciple me in my faith, and in my vocation as a wife and mother, in my work as a writer ... the list is endless and so is the gratitude and admiration.

And so, to all of you (those who blog, and those who don't) a heartfelt thank you for all that you do for me.


**the Mathetes (Greek for disciple) Award, created by Dan King of Management by God is "to recognize those who take to heart the Great Commission and further God’s Kingdom by creating more disciples for Him." Dan continues:
Winners of this award must pick five other “disciples” to pass it on to. As you pass it on, I just ask that you mention and provide links for (1)this post as the originator of the award (Dan King of management by God), (2) the person that awarded it to you, and then (3) name and sites of the five that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ.

1 comment:

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Very nice, Karen! Welcome back. Nice wedding photo, too!

God bless,
Donna