Checking SiteMeter stats can be:
a. funny
b. surprising
c. disgusting
I'm not the first blogger to post about the amusing (or odd) Google searches that have brought readers to my site. I don't want to know what someone was thinking when he googled for "crude St. Nick clipart." (And I don't know why he ended up at my site ... I assure you, sir, I have no such clipart.) And I won't even go into details of a couple other searches I've seen. Most of the searches are tame: I've had people show up because they're looking for some other Karen, or someone named Anne, or Ramona Quimby.
But, I seem to be the queen of the following searches:
1. Alton Brown Good Eats Catholic?
2. easy monkey bread refrigerator biscuits (or some variation thereof)
The combination of those two makes me laugh out loud. I have no idea if Alton Brown is Catholic (awhile back I posted about his article in Guideposts but I did not speculate on his Christian affiliations) but I'm fairly certain Alton would say that my version of monkey bread is not "Good Eats."
Maybe I should contact Alton Brown, interrogate him about his faith and also ask him to do a show on homemade monkey bread.
Now, there's a post.
Funny...I've got a corner on the "catydid" market. Crude St. Nick clipart?
ReplyDeleteHow readily you came to assume that anyone searching for "crude St. Nick clipart" would be a "sir."
ReplyDeleteI once posted about "zooks" (virtual bugs you can make using a program downloaded from the BBC) and "make a zook" has been a biggie for me ever since!
ReplyDeleteDo you guys have an upgraded sitemeter? Because I can't make heads or tails of mine...
ReplyDeleteMy husband is obsessed with my site meter. He checks my "stats" every night after work. It confuses me.
ReplyDeleteI just think it's interesting to see what has brought people to the site.
ReplyDeleteMargaret, I just have the free sitemeter ... what is yours doing?
Well, for one thing I don't know how to access the Google searches that you & Jennie C. speak about.
ReplyDeleteI also wonder if, when it says that there were 30 page views, for example, if 25 of them weren't mine!!
This is all very vain of me, I know, but it IS fun to see that someone's checking out your blog in Argentina...