Sunday, August 20, 2006

Today's reading

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread that I will give is My flesh for the life of the world."

Therefore the Judaeans quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

Jesus said to them, "Amen, Amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the Last Day. For My flesh is indeed food, and My blood is indeed drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood dwells in Me and I in him. As the living Father has sent Me, and I live by the Father, so he who eats Me will have life by Me. This is the bread which came down from heaven -- not as your fathers who ate manna and are dead; he who eats of this bread will live forever."

~~ John 6:51-58

No comments: