Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Didn't Know Cupcakes Were a Craft


Yesterday, between Ramona and me:

Me:  "Tomorrow is the Annunciation! We could do some kind of craft. Maybe we could think about .... "

Ramona: "Cupcakes!"

Okay, yes.  Maybe we could think about cupcakes.

We could also -- silly me -- think about Mary's fiat:

 
Help me, Lord, to say "yes" to you in these remaining days of Lent, and always.

(The painting above is "The Annunciation" by Henry Ossawa Tanner, 1859-1937. There are so many incredible, beautiful pieces of art from which to choose for the Annunciation.)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ramona is my kind of girl. Cupcakes indeed! A project you can EAT.

Karen Edmisten said...

And eat we did! Cupcakes with three different colors of frosting. :)

We did a nonedible craft, too -- homemade crayons (recycled, really) and Sculpey.