Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's Kept Me from the Blog

1. Ramona's birthday party!

Can this child be six years old? She can. She is. We celebrated. The cake was chocolate. It's been an excellent six years.

2. Unexpected doctor appointments.

Turns out I'm fine, but I don't really want to do that stress-echo treadmill test again anytime soon. Whoosh. I need to work out more. (Don't even think about mentioning that chocolate cake.)

3. Planning ahead.

It's almost here.

July 26th, in Lancaster, PA.
The Family Centered Learning Conference.
I'll see you there!

6 comments:

sarah said...

Happu birthday dear Ramona :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ramona! Give her a big hug from me.

Liz said...

Happy birthday to Ramona. I wish I'd see you in Pennsylvania, but that's going to be a rather busy time for us (actually I think that's the weekend I'm "getting my colors done" before the wedding.

I've never done a stress test, but I think I'd do better on one now than I would have a few years back, but perhaps less well than two months ago (I've been slacking on the cardio lately). Maybe we should be holding each other accountable!

Anonymous said...

I think Stress Tests... well, stress you out!!

I spent an extra hour on mine because I answered the "could you be pregnant?" with all things are possible.

I wasn't, but had to either sign a release or go get a STAT pregnancy test! oh well, it gave the staff something to do that afternoon:)

Karen Edmisten said...

Birthday wishes delivered -- thank you, everyone!

Liz, the cardio test is not fun, but it's so good to know I'm healthy. I had a scary pain earlier in the week, but it's not my heart, thank goodness.

Beck said...

I'm glad Ramona had a great birthday! Six is a fun age.
Not fun, however, is that stress test. Bleh!