Saturday, November 03, 2007

So, I'm sitting here at the computer, knowing that I should be writing. The kids are gone, I'm home alone -- this time for me to work has actually been planned and carved out for me -- and I should be working on that project that needs work.

So, what am I tempted to do?

Check blogs.
Write a blog post.
Clean the kitchen.
Organize the hall closet.
Bake something. Anything.
Eat Halloween candy.
Read poetry.
Make coffee.
Read something. Anything.
Rake leaves.
Take a shower.
Plan schooly stuff for the girls for next week.
Organize the recipe box.
Work out.
Listen to Van Morrison. At a very high volume.

Or, I could just get to work on that project.

There's no official rule that I can't include Van, Halloween candy and coffee while doing that, eh?

It's just all that other vital stuff that'll have to wait.


Kristen Laurence said...

Ha! Much too familiar.

Momto5Minnies said...

As I eat my 2nd Reece's Peanut Butter Cup I can only add that I bet you can accomplish a few of those things at the very same time. Moms are just built to multi-task!

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Yep, that's right...get crackin', Karen!! :)

stef said...

LOL. I could have written that post. (well, except the Van Morrison :D)

Patience said...

Lol! Too true!!

melanie said...

We used to call it 'Productive Procrastination" when we were in university.

Thought it would make a great title for a book.. or a blog for that matter :-)