Saturday, December 30, 2006

Catholic Devotions Meme

Margaret tagged me.

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?

The Jesus prayer ("Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.")
Also, a novena of Holy Communions.

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?

The Rosary and the Memorare.

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?


A brown scapular medal. And I wear a crucifix that looks like this. I rarely wear any other necklace.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?


Yes.

5. Do you ‘offer up’ your sufferings?

Yes. I remember, after coming into the Church, the first time I was conscious of wasting some minor suffering. I'd had the stomach flu for two days, and at the end of the second day, it struck me that instead of moaning about how rotten I felt, I could have been offering up every bit of it. I felt so selfish and foolish. It was a turning point.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?

No, not as consistently as I'd like to. It's on the goal list. First Saturdays are often our family confession days, though.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?

Yes. It keeps me sane.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?

Sunday morning.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?


Yes.

10. Favorite Saint(s)?

Oh, my goodness. How much time do we have?

St. Mary Magdelene, my confirmation saint. St. Teresa of Avila. St. Therese, for her gifts of roses. St. John of the Cross. St. Francis de Sales. St. Jane de Chantal. St. Bonaventure. St. Francis of Assisi. St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross. St. Cecilia. St. Catherine of Siena. St. Bernard of Clairvaux. Shall I stop?
No ... one more ... Papa John Paul the Great.

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?

Oh, my, I should hope so.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?

Yes ... I try to stay in constant touch ... I need it so much.

13. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?

Yes. If I forget, Ramona reminds me. This habit has become so familiar to her that she will often include in our nightly prayers, "And for all the people who needed sirens today."

And one more bonus question (Helen’s, I believe): If you could visit any of Our Lady’s apparition sites, which one would you choose?

Lourdes.

And now ... I tag you.

No comments: