Saturday, November 04, 2006

Glitter soup

Sometimes, Betsy and Ramona just need a little glitter in their lives.

Sometimes, the activity in which they indulge during read-aloud time doesn't have to be educational, or have an end result to be displayed, or even mean anything.

Sometimes, all a girl needs is a table, some water, a measuring cup and a pretty bowl. Add a baggie full of multi-colored glitter, stir just so, and you have it: Glitter Soup.

Because, as Ramona said today, "A little glitter never hurt any table."


Diane said...

That Ramona is wise as well as entertaining. And my girls would completely agree.

Alice said...

This is why I am happy you have a digital camera! I love those dazzling bowls of glitter soup, not to mention the wit and wisdom of the littlest chef.

cheryl said...

I've been reading about Ramona for a few months now, and I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy what she has to say. Somtimes, like today, she sounds very intelligent. Other times she sounds like a hoot. I'm not sure if that's the right word - I mean lots of fun to be around.

Jennifer said...

That is wonderful!!! We are going to do that today - my daughter always begs for glitter projects and I can't think of something to put together. But this! This will be perfect. Just plain fun. I love it.

Suzanne Temple said...

All that glitters may not be gold, but if you're a little girl, so what? So long as it glitters, right?

Karen E. said...

Yup ... if it's glitter, it's good.

Cheryl, you're right -- she's a combination of frighteningly intelligent (she gets it from Atticus, who is the most intelligent man I've ever met) and knee-slapping hootiness. :-) Yes, she's lots of fun to be around. She's our miracle blessing!