Saturday, January 28, 2006

On Giants' Shoulders

My dear friend, Liz Swift, who lives in Vermont, has started her own blog. I'm delighted, because now I don't have to wait for Liz's wonderful, intelligent, newsy emails to find out what's happening in her corner of the world. I can peek in on her life daily, via her On Giants' Shoulders blog.

Liz and I have never actually met in person, since we are "e-pals" ... we met through an online "Converts Connection." When I first wrote to her, the internet was new to me, and I was still quite wary of communicating with anyone I didn't know. But for some reason, I felt compelled to respond to Liz after reading a short form of her conversion story. Happily for me, we've corresponded from that time on, and I've been the extremely fortunate beneficiary of her wisdom, knowledge and friendship. She was a vital mentor to me in my homeschooling, and it was in part thanks to Liz's encouragement and her example that we are the kind of homeschool that reads, reads, reads and that we know that that truly is education.

Welcome to Blogdom, Liz. We're a better place for having you join us.

2 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Welcome, Liz! I am looking forward to visiting your blog.

Liz said...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Karen, and thanks for the encouragement to jump into the big world of blogdom. Isn't it amazing that we've been e-buddies for nearly 9 years now!