Sunday, January 15, 2006

Spaghetti Pie for Cajun Cay

Here's the recipe, if you can call it (my ambiguous quantities, which allow for individual taste, and throwing a few prepackaged things together) a recipe:

Spaghetti Pie

16 oz. of spaghetti, cooked/drained
1-2 lbs. hamburger, browned and seasoned to your liking
1 or 2 jars spaghetti sauce (or your own sauce, if you're a real cook, which I'm not)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup parmesan cheese
8 oz. mozzarella cheese

Toss spaghetti with eggs and parmesan cheese. Spray a 9x13 pan and press spaghetti mixture in to form the "crust." Combine hamburger and sauce and pour on top of spaghetti. Sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake for 30 min. in a 350 degree oven.

Sit back, eat and receive accolades on a delicious dish and a job well-done. Mention to no one how easy it was.

(p.s. This is also scrumptious with alfredo sauce and chicken, though my children would argue that point.)

7 comments:

Angela F said...

Ooooh Karen, we call this Pizza Casserole at my house and it gets rave reviews. I made it one day for my dh and his hunting buddies with a fresh loaf of herb bread and got rave reviews as well. I'll have to try it with the chicken and alfredo sauce!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you, Karen!

Guess what's for supper tonight. : )

Karen Edmisten said...

Enjoy it, Cay! I think I'll make it again soon. :-)

Nancy C. Brown said...

Hey, this sounds great! And I was just making out my shopping list... good timing!

Anonymous said...

I was a very yummy dish, Karen. Thanks for the recipe.
: )

Karen Edmisten said...

You're quite welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I plan to take it to a mom with a newborn this weekend. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,

I finally tried the alfredo version of this dish (although I had to skip mozarella on top since I didn't have any). I kicked it up a notch by adding spinach along with the chicken to make it Florentine Spaghetti Pie. It actually went over pretty well. Since I do cook, and since my family hates jar alfredo sauce, I made my own sauce, another time I'd use more parmesano regianno in the sauce, but I quite literally ran out of the cheese (I keep it around pretty much constantly, but was getting low). Other than that it was really delicious. I'll definitely do it again sometime.