Sunday, January 22, 2017

Bits and Pieces of Our Reading Life


I haven't read much this weekend. I was walloped with Atticus's cold on Friday night, and I've spent the weekend mostly craving naps.

But here's a rundown of 2017-Reading-to-Date:

The Highly Sensitive Person (mentioned in this post) by Elaine Aron.

Anne's House of Dreams, by L.M. Montgomery. Sigh.

The Spindlers, by Lauren Oliver (Ramona had read this one and told me how imaginative she thought it was. I read it, too, so we could talk about it.)

The Westing Game, by Ellen Raskin (Read-aloud with Ramona. It's a fun murder mystery for middle-grade/YA. We both enjoyed it.)

The Magnolia Story, by Chip and Joanna Gaines (Ramona and I are listening to the audio book together. Chip and Joanna read, so it's delightful. We've had fun watching Fixer Upper together, too, which we only just discovered last fall. I liked the first season the best, as the clients and the budgets just seemed more real.)

Stitches, by Anne Lamott I'm about halfway through this one. I love Anne Lamott because she's so honest and real.

"What I resist is not the truth, but when people put a pretty bow on scary things instead of saying, 'This is a nightmare. I hate everything. I'm going to go hide in the garage.'" 

~~ Anne Lamott 

3 comments:

Lissa said...

That Lamott quote is perfect. :)

sarah said...

Great books. That quote is absolutely priceless.

Karen Edmisten said...

Yeah, the quote is pretty spot on.