Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm so inadequate

Stef's food blog will make you despair of ever being capable in the kitchen (let me make this clear: I count pancakes as "cooking" because it involves turning on a burner and dirtying both a bowl and a pan .... I know ... I'm pathetic.)

But it will also inspire you, cause your mouth to water, spur thoughts such as, "This woman is a food goddess," and make the small child on your lap say, "Ooooh, yummy! Mommy, look at that!"

And then, it will make you think, "Hmmmm ... wouldn't it be nice to hear that at the dinner table more often? And not just when I'm serving peanut butter sandwiches?"

4 comments:

Sophia said...

Hey Karen,
Did you see that Steph is signing off for now? Too bad. Anyway, through some blog surfing, I found yours last night. I relate to your ideas, and you are now on my favorites. Feel free to check my blog out any time. http://Sophiaswisdom.blogspot.com

Karen Edmisten said...

I just now saw that! Sounds like she'll be back, with a new kind of information to share ....

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen! Funny you should use the word "inadequate" -- that's how I feel when I read all you great homeschooling mom's blogs! Food is simply our favorite form of rabbit trails:)

Thanks so much for visiting, and for your support! What does your dr. say about your little one? What symptoms does she have?

Hi Sophia, not signing off completely:) Just writing now from a different perspective.

Karen Edmisten said...

And you are an expert at that rabbit trail, Stef! You really are inspiring. As a matter of fact, the night I posted this entry, I made a real dinner and Ramona actually said, "Oooh, Mommy, you made a yummy dinner!" I almost cried. :-)