Monday, February 13, 2006

Husband, father, all around great guy

How could you not love Atticus? Yesterday I received part of my Valentine's Day present early (he's saving the chocolate for tomorrow) and it was "Groundhog Day" on DVD. Now I can hear the director's commentary. I find that so much more appealing than jewelry and the best thing about Atticus is that he knows that.

And, on top of a great gift, he spent some time playing Barbies with the kids so I could steal a little bit of time to myself. Barbies. He got to be Ken. Of course, we have only Ken's head left (I can't remember what happened to the rest of Ken) so I'm not sure exactly how that played out, but I know that his daughters love him. Dearly. Giddily. Gratefully.

Who wouldn't?

3 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Playing Barbies is above and beyond the call of duty! That really is great!

Anonymous said...

Atticus a metrosexual? Imagine...
Amy

Karen Edmisten said...

LOL!
I found out later that he spent most of the time asking the girls questions and avoiding the actual playing of Barbies, but the bottom line for me was that I got that hot bath .... :-)