Sunday, May 20, 2018

Bits and Pieces of Our Days



Spring is finally here, so naturally I have to post pictures of lilacs. It's a law. 

Or a guideline, at the very least. 

~~~~~


 Where has Maggie O'Farrell been all my life? 

I Am, I Am, I Am: Seventeen Brushes With Death is a gorgeous memoir. I went straight from that to one of her novels, This Must Be the Place and I will assuredly be reading more of her lovely work. 


~~~~~


 Ramona's writing group! 

I gathered this collection of objects and we each did a freewrite based on the items here. Our local library recently did this and called the workshop "Chopped: The Writing Edition." It was such a fun idea that I had to steal it. 

For other freewriting ideas, you can always visit the Brave Writer blog. Loads of freewriting prompts! 

Speaking of Brave Writer, I absolutely love being a part of the Brave Writer team and teaching The Writer's Jungle Online. I'm on a little break right now, but I'll be teaching again in the fall, with classes starting on September 10th and October 29th. 

Brave Writer is developing new classes all the time. Check out the amazing array of what's available

~~~~~



Oh, how the Edmistens love the Penderwicks! 

~~~~~



This was one of my Mother's Day gifts from Atticus. 

As a middle child, I must say, it was deeply appreciated. 

4 comments:

Tabatha said...

Yay for lilac pictures and freewriting fun! (I'm indifferent to red wine, but hope we can still be friends!)

Karen Edmisten said...

I embrace your indifference, Tabatha! Friends always! :)

tanita✿davis said...

Ooh, the I AM, I AM, I AM is on my TBR list, along with A MISSIONARY'S DAUGHTER IN HAITI, by Apricot Irving. I'm not sure if I'm more attracted to the book because of her name, or because of her experiences... But, I now want to name something (someone?) Apricot. Because.

Those lilacs -- so, so gorgeous!!

Karen Edmisten said...

Tanita, Apricot Irving is a sublime name! :) I love it! Thanks -- I'm adding that to my TBR list! :)